Tuesday, March 10, 2009

バイクの修理屋さん

One of the great things about riding a 50cc is the little amount of maintenance it requires. Fill up the oil every 1000km or so, keep an eye on the battery, and that's about it. Everyone in a while you do need to go get it checked out though, and that happened to me yesterday. I'm incredibly lucky to have a small motorcycle shop minutes from my house, and even more lucky that the owner is incredible.

Last week I started to notice that my bike was having trouble starting up. The same thing had happened about half a year ago and the problem was a worn out spark plug. Rather than wait and see if it would get as worse as it did last time, I rode over to the shop and told the man what was going on. Right there he gave my bike a full inspection, replacing the spark plug (which was on it's last legs as I had thought), tweaking the carburetor and brakes, and checking all my filters and fluids. 15 minutes after I had pulled in I was back out and riding like new. Total cost to me, 2000 yen. Now that is some good service.

No comments: