Sunday, July 13, 2008

耳鼻科

Last week I made a trip to the ear, nose and throat doctor to get my right ear looked at. When I was swimming in the school pool water kept getting stuck in my ear and wouldn't come out no matter how hard I shook. Eventually, it got so bad I went deaf in my right ear for a day so I went to get it checked out.

The best thing about going to a doctor in Japan is that you don't need an appointment anywhere. You just go. So I went, filled out a short form, and about 10 minute later I was in the doctors office getting checked out. He took a look and found my ear was packed solid with wax. He said the water got in there and the back and forth motion of my head swimming laps helped to pack it down so that's why I couldn't hear. He cleaned it out and I must say it was pretty gross looking earwax. I looked a bit like mud actually, but 10 minutes and 10 bucks later (the portion of my bill national health insurance doesn't cover), I could hear perfectly. Not bad at all if you ask me.

No comments: